NOW HIRING: SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATORSunday, April 1, 2018
Social Media Coordinator – Fierce Backbone
Seeking a talented Social Media Coordinator to develop and maintain a strong online presence for a theater company focused on the development of new plays in Los Angeles. He/she will work in coordination with a dedicated and lively creative leadership team to implement online engagement strategies through social media accounts.
What does a social media coordinator do?
- Outreach to local and influential organizations and individuals to increase general interest in and awareness of our company, our members and our projects.
- Creates engaging text, image and video content for all social channels.
- Designs posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around workshops, events, productions, fundraisers…whatever it is we’re doing.
- Create engaging text, image and video content with a focus on posts to sustain curiosity and communicate accurately about workshops, events, productions, fundraisers, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Facilitate online conversations on SM platforms and respond to queries
- Report on online reviews and feedback
- Develop an optimal posting schedule
- Oversee all social media account layouts/design
- Explore new ways to attract prospective audience, members, and partnerships
- Proven work experience with social media, preferably for an arts organization/nonprofit
- Understanding of social media best practices and etiquette
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Attendance at major company events/performances and occasional workshops
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
This is a contract/monthly stipend position with a minimum nine-month commitment. This is a part-time flexible position, with the understanding that occasional meetings with the Creative Team and presence at some company functions/performances will be required. The position reports to the Company Manager.
Fierce Backbone Mission Statement:
Fierce Backbone is a collaborative organization committed to writing, developing and producing new dramatic works. We endeavor to provide opportunities where the skills and artistry of our membership can flourish.
About Fierce Backbone:
Our organization consists of three Units: writers, actors and directors. We designed the Units to complement each other in the development of new works and productions. The Units focus on the needs of the individual artists. The units are self-governing in terms of rules and membership selection. All Units serve the development process. The board oversees serving the mission statement.